Saturday, September 24, 2005

absence makes the garden grow.. old..

My long absence from the garden, due to work and the failed attempt at a vacation led to a dead garden. I returned to harvest two tomatoes which were questionable at best. I suspect that the plant died and these ripened on a dead vine. The only thing remaining alive in the garden was the oregano, which I am convinced will not die. None of the squash survived, no other herbs, nothing at all.. so as loathe as I am to admit it, I am going to have to write off the fall season (and some winter crops) because I will again have to leave for some time in about a month. This certainly lends support to the notion that I need to get a watering system in place.

But all is not lost. I am going to be adding as much organic matter as possible and planning on ways to improve and experiment in the garden for when I return.

All the best my gardening friends,

Brian

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home